The Evolution Deceit
Fireflies produce yellow-green light in their stomach parts. The cells that manufacture this light contain a chemical known as “luciferin,” the product of a chemical reaction between oxygen and another chemical, “luciferase.” The insect controls the emission or extinguishing of the light by regulating the amount of air reaching the cells through its respiratory passages. Normal light bulbs work with a 10% efficiency; the other 90% is being given off as heat. In contrast, fireflies produce light with a 100% efficiency. This achievement by fireflies represents a model for scientists.
But what is the force that directs fireflies to produce light so efficiently? According to evolutionists, the source of light power is from unconscious atoms, chance, or external agents with no directive force. None of these, however, has the power to initiate this efficient activity. Allah’s artistry is incomparable and infinite. What people need to do is to reflect on the miracles of creation and turn to Almighty Allah alone. One verse tells us that:
And in your creation and all the creatures He has spread about there are Signs for people with certainty. (Surat al-Jathiyya, 4)